Byron Bay, Australia

Distance: 0 miles
Time on bikes: 0 hours

The great news is that we wake up to a blue sky and to celebrate this, Béné and Anne get some washing done while Carl gets a few more updates added to the website.

That done, we take a walk into town to see the local Sunday market. Béné spots a pair of new trousers when they catch her eye. We then have to grab a quick bite to eat as we’ve got a kayak trip booked to go dolphin spotting. There are apparently over 300 dolphins resident in the bay and we saw loads from the cliffs on our walk yesterday.

The kayak trip lasts about three hours and we have a great time, although there aren’t too many dolphins about today. Instead, we make up for this with a bit of surfing with the kayak, although Carl gets told to keep with the group a few times. At the end of the trip, we catch a great wave into the beach but this isn’t enough for Carl. We head back through the break as the instructors watch on wondering what we’re doing, but we’re soon turning around when a huge wave comes along and we’re flying towards the beach again. Unfortunately the wave is a bit too big and although we manage a small ‘tube ride’ when the wave comes over, we get completely wiped out. The instructors tell us it’s the biggest ‘stack’ they’ve ever seen with one of their kayaks.

We’re quite tired when we get back so we relax with tea and biscuits followed by a shower for Anne and a swim in sea for Béné and Carl. In the evening we take a walk to town for some shopping and end up having desert first as we have ice cream on the way back to the camp site and then cook a lovely dinner. It’s nice to chat with the other guests in the camp kitchen area and have a very relaxed night.

After dinner, just as we’re contemplating getting tidied up, a fox wanders through the camp and everyone goes quiet. We manage to get a quick photo and then get told by some campers that have been coming here for thirty years that they’ve never seen a wild fox here before, so we’re very fortunate. Carl tells her they’re pretty common in London, but we still have to look impressed.

Jour 322 – Dimanche 6 Mars 2011. Byron Bay, Australie.

Distance: 0 km – Temps à moto: 0 heures

On est bien contents de voir du ciel bleu ce matin, surtout comme on a réservé un tour en Kayak pour cet après-midi, avec Anne on en profite pour faire une lessive pendant que Carl passe un peu de temps sur internet, puis on va faire un tour dans le village. On passe au marché où il y a toutes sortes de nouritures, boissons et habits, c’est un peu d’un style hippy, l’ambiance est vraiment agréable. Je me trouve un pantalon pour remplacer celui que je porte tout le temps sous mon pantalon de moto et qui commence a avoir des trous. Et on mange un morceau avant d’aller faire le tour en Kayak.

Il y a pas mal de monde dans le groupe aujourd’hui comme il fait enfin beau après quelques jours de pluie, Anne se retrouve sur un kayak avec l’un des moniteurs, et avec Carl on en a un pour nous. On passe bien 3 heures sur les kayaks et c’est une sortie très agréable, on arrive même a prendre quelques vagues avec Carl et a prendre pas mal de vitesse, c’est assez impressionnant, mais on s’en prend aussi deux de coté et on se retrouve a l’eau.

On est assez creuvés quand on retourne au camping, et Anne a froid, elle se réchauffe en allant prendre une douche pendant qu’avec Carl on va nager un peu dans la mer.

On se repose un peu puis on va faire un tour en ville avant de retourner au camping et nous installer a notre table favorite pour manger, on y passe une soirée agréable a discuter avec d’autres gens, et un peu plus tard, quand il y a un peu moins de monde, on voit même un petit renard pointer son nez, ca n’est apparement pas courent ici, pas comme en Angleterre où ils sont assez communs.